Kids geography has been one of my favorite subjects to explore in our homeschool so far. I was surprised, as I often thought geography could be boring.
Kids geography can be beautiful and fascinating with the right books!
My favorite kids geography books.
I recently came across two fun books called ‘The Wondrous Workings of Planet Earth‘ and ‘The Atlas Obscura Explorer’s Guide for the World’s Most Adventurous Kid’. I love the modern feel to these books. The Wondrous Workings of Planet Earth offers in-depth biology, ecology and geography mixed with beautiful artwork. Atlas Obscura shows you really interesting things about many countries and continents. From abandoned theme parks, deep under water caves and extreme weather, to animals, this book inspires global adventure.
List of my top kids geography books
- Maps by
- The Geography Book: Activities for Exploring, Mapping, and Enjoying Your World by Caroline Arnold
- A Child’s Introduction to the World: Geography, Cultures, and People–From the Grand Canyon to the Great Wall of China by Heather Alexander
- The Wondrous Workings of Planet Earth: Understanding Our World and Its Ecosystems by Rachel Ignotofsky
- The Atlas Obscura Explorer’s Guide for the World’s Most Adventurous Kid by Dylan Thuras
- Lift-the-Flap Picture Atlas by
- Children’s Picture Atlas by
- Atlas of Adventures: A collection of natural wonders, exciting experiences and fun festivities from the four corners of the globe by
- Atlas of Animal Adventures: A collection of nature’s most unmissable events, epic migrations and extraordinary behaviours by
- National Geographic Kids Beginner’s World Atlas by National Geographic Children’s Books
Do you have a favorite kids geography book?
Leave a Reply