Best kids gardening books for your family to fall in love with gardening!
We’re huge family gardeners here, in fact, we’ve been gardening for over a decade through all my pregnancies, babies, and little wee ones in tow. Our oldest is almost 11 and it makes my heart warm with pride to see her harvesting fresh veggies or flowers from the garden for the younger siblings.
Whether you can grow a larger garden or not, I encourage your family to grow something indoors or in containers even if you don’t have the space outside.
Kids gardening books can encourage kids to see the wonder of gardening
Botany is one of my favorite subjects to teach kids! I’ve written a forest unit and will have gardening, herb and farming units out in 2021. Our family loves living books as part of our Charlotte Mason inspired homeschooling, so I’ve created a list of the best kids gardening books that we’ve enjoyed.
Fantastic kids gardening picture books
- Easy Peasy: Gardening for Kids
- From Seed to Plant
- A Year in Our New Garden
- How Does My Garden Grow?
- The Curious Garden
- Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt
- Secrets of the Vegetable Garden (A Shine-A-Light Book )
- Flowers Are Calling
- In a Garden
- Roots, Shoots, Buckets & Boots: Gardening Together with Children
- Compost: A Family Guide to Making Soil from Scraps
- Grow: A Family Guide to Growing Fruits and Vegetables
- The Honeybee
Educational School Garden kids books
- Let’s Get Gardening
- The School Garden Curriculum: An Integrated K-8 Guide
- How to Grow a School Garden: A Complete Guide for Parents and Teachers
- The Garden Classroom: Hands-On Activities in Math, Science, Literacy, and Art
- It’s Our Garden: From Seeds to Harvest in a School Garden
- Gardening Lab for Kids: 52 Fun Experiments to Learn, Grow, Harvest, Make, Play, and Enjoy Your Garden
Do you have any favorite children’s gardening books?