Essential oils for kids have really helped our family
Let’s not forget essential oils for mama
Homeschooling moms know first hand the range of emotions that kids can go through when the curriculum or school books come out. Certain days are met with tears, other times distraction and wiggly bums might need some focus. I’m also teaching a daughter with ADHD and I’ve found certain essential oils help her be a little more focused or calmer.
One of the beautiful things about essential oils is that they can be wonderful for calming emotions, soothing some anxiety or helping with focus.
Scent is powerful
I use essential oils frequently in our homeschooling.
From diffusing them in the homeschool room, to using diluted roll on blends specific to targeting an emotional need. I frequently turn to a blend for headaches or focus, and often use one for stress and anxiety.
I use essential oils for
For the past few years I’ve been using and loving doTERRA essential oils. Today I wanted to share my favorite blends for the kids and also for myself for some mama balance.
Favorite essential oils for kids and ADHD
- Lavender for calming. This oils is well known and has been a go to for calming. I diffuse it or use the diluted roll on for the kids.
- Adaptiv for stress and anxiety. A calming Blend oil is perfect for life’s most stressful moments. Helps to improve sustained attention while easing the body and mind. It was just released fall 2019 and the results from users (including myself) have been amazing. You can buy it from me here or learn more about the science behind this amazing blend.
- The kids Collection. I’m so in love with this collection, I cannot say enough amazing things about it. You can buy these as individual roll ons or as a kit. They are specially blended with children in mind focusing on emotions that are hard for kids. You know they’re safe to use as they are pre-diluted for your kids.
The Kids Collection includes
- Calmer – promotes a serene atmosphere, allowing bedtime to be a peaceful and welcomed experience.
- Thinker – the optimal support to use when distractions are high. Herbal and slightly sweet, the unique aroma helps instill feelings of clarity.
- Steady – a grounding blend when feeling overwhelmed.
- Brave– a blend to help reset when experiencing feelings of doubt.
- Stronger – the perfect blend for daily resiliency or when you are not feeling your best.
- Rescuer– roll Rescuer onto your legs, hands, or shoulders after exercising or a long day of physical activity to promote feelings of comfort.
- Tamer- an amazing essential oil for a soothing abdominal massage.
Essential oils for moms & well being
- The Emotional Aromatherapy Collection– this collection of oils come in a diluted roll on or as a 5ml oil for your diffuser. These oils offer emotional balance: peace, motivate, cheer, console, forgive and passion.
- In-Tune roll-on blend for focus. This blend is amazing, a little goes a long way. I try to save it for times when my daughter who has a hard time focusing. I use it frequently for myself too.
- PastTense is one I use frequently for headaches or neck tension. I love that it’s a roll on that I can just grab and use. It offers a tingly sensation to melt away tension.
- Balance – this blend is one of my favorites. I often open up the bottle and inhale the scent. I find it doesn’t diffuse that strongly so I tend to save it for more topical application with some diluted fractionated coconut oil.
- ClaryCalm– this one is for ‘that time of the month’ mamas and when I have to homeschool the kids I really appreciate a little cramping help.
- Yoga Collection– as much as I try to tell myself to do more yoga (because I truly love it when I actually DO it) I also appreciate the yoga collection with Anchor, Arise and Affirm.
- As time goes on and many kids later (4!) my bones and hips have started to need some help. I found that taking certain supplements such as teh Deep Blue for joints, Bone Nutrient, Copaiba softgels or Turmeric for joints has really helped balance me.
If any of these oils speak to you please let me know. I’m happy to answer any questions that you may have and you can purchase them through me wholesale prices. A wholesale account offers you 25% off and is $35 US (or waived if you get a kit, such as this one). Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or through my doTERRA account.
Wild Mama Oils is my team of essential oil builders too, so if you’re interested in becoming a Wellness Advocate I have some freebies for you if you sign up with me. (a free diffuser and a bottle of Balance blend for orders over 100pv. The Essentials Life book is a additional bonus for new wholesale orders over 200pv.
Have you used essential oils in your homeschol?
What is your fav essential oils for kids? Yourself?
I tend to gravitate towards grounding and tree scents 😊
See all the oils discussed in this blog post here (delete or change anything you need!). The links were in Canadian, but you can change your location globally.