Farm and Food Unit Study for Kids
Would your family like to learn about the world of farming and global cuisine?
Enjoying using beautiful and educational farm and food books for a Charlotte Mason inspired unit study. This morning basket approach is a gentle way to enjoy cuddling together reading books followed by notebooking, field trips and cooking to fall in love with the world of food.
This can be done in the morning or afternoon, the term morning basket is to come together as a family for learning.
This unit study organized into two days a week: one day covers seasonal farm rhythm , the second day covers global food cuisine and geography.
The teacher guide offers a ‘Discuss, Design, Make and Draw’ section where students will do fun things like design a chicken coop or corn maze, enjoy notebooking the anatomy of animals, or making things like butter or bread to learn some old-fashioned skills. Students will also enjoy learning about geography and trying new recipes after reading your global cuisine food books.
Some Freebies with this unit study
- Farm Alphabet + Early Learning Pages
- Copywork passages for mulitple ages
- Seasonal art you can print
Included in this study
- Beautiful teacher’s ‘Morning Basket Guide’
- Copywork passages of different lengths to choose from
- Some early years activity pages and farm/food inspired alphabet
- Includes FREE seasonal and inspiration food and farm posters to print
- Big list of farm or food culture picture books to add
- Fun optional hands on activities and field trips
Sample of the teachers guide: Farm & Food Morning Basket sample
Spine Books for this unit study
- The Farm that Feeds Us – by Nancy Castaldo
- What’s On your Plate? by Whitney Stewart
- Farm Anatomy by Julia Rothman
- Food Anatomy by Julia Rothman
- Maps by by Aleksandra and Daniel Mizielinski
- Cooking Class Global Feast! by Deanna F Cook
We encourage you to select some of the many farm or diverse food and culture picture books each week.
This instant download listing is PDFs sized to standard 8.5×11 inch paper. Your PDF will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email me at email@example.com
Please do not resell or redistribute this PDF. It is for personal use only and can be printed multiple times for a single user. Because this product is a digital download no refunds will be issued.
This product is the property of Nature Homeschool © 2023