Enjoy this fun forest and tree study!
Each week you and your student(s) will be:
- Reading living books for multiple ages
- Doing copywork (secular) from the books you’re reading
- Nature notebooking your science lessons
- Going on forest walks for hands on experience
- Nature journaling
- Creative writing prompts after your student has created an adventurer and made a map
- Writing science vocabulary terms
- Optional forest school activities
- Your choice of poetry or art projects
- Beautiful Teacher Guide – 81 pages- with reading lists, weekly planning pages and tips
- Student Level 1 Notebook– 64 pages
- Student Level 2 Notebook – 95 pages
Your purchase will be delivered in digital files instantly.
You will receive 3 separate pdf files.
Due to the nature of digital downloads, no returns, exchanges, or refunds
Life is Busy! Choose your Schedule
You can complete this unit study in 8 weeks, or just use the check off lists and go with the flow.
Planning and Organization all done for you with weekly beautiful planning pages.
What do I need for this study?
Can I see Samples?
- Teacher Guide Introduction
- Week 2 Forest Study Sample
- Level 1 Student Page Sample
- Level 2 Student Pages Sample
What ages is this unit for?
Is this truly Secular?
Is it Christian friendly?
Do I need to live close to a forest?
Do you need ALL the books?
You definitely don’t need all of them, I would highly recommend using the the first 4 in the list below. The forest school is optional, and you can enjoy nature journaling without a nature journal instruction book. I offer tips every week regardless of whether you use those pages.
Kid Tree Books that are Used
For this tree study for kids, I chose some of the best kids books on trees. You will need these for this unit study (you can borrow them or buy).
- The Magic and Mystery of Trees by Claire McElfatrick and Jen Green
- The Tree Book for Kids and Their Grown Ups by Gina Ingoglia
- DK Trees, Leaves, Flowers & Seeds by Sarah Jose
- The Boreal Forest by L. E. Carmichael
- Nature Anatomy by Julia Rothman
- Botanicum: Welcome to the Museum by Kathy Willis